Speak to a Name Change Expert Today: (800) 895-7868

Marriage & Name Change

Changing Lives One Name
Change at a Time

Any Reason you may have for an adult or minor
name change, let the firm of NameChangeInc
handle the entire legal process.

Marriage and name change (see below for divorce)July 23 ,2019

Conducting a name change during and after marriage is a very common procedure. Most adult women choose and elect to change their surname and or hyphenate their maiden name during or after marriage. Your surname does not change automatically upon marriage unless you elect to change it. Namechangeinc's associates and paralegals have assisted thousands of newlyweds with their name change petitions during or after a marriage (below are a couple of common questions asked). All orders are processed within 24-48 hours (free shipping).

NameChangeInc.com Will:

  • Professionally draft and prepare your Adult or Minor Name Change Petitions.
  • Process your order within 24 business hours.
  • Find the correct court venue.
  • Paralegals and State Experts working on your petitions.
  • Assist you with the changing of your Birth Certificate, Passport, etc.
  • Additional motion support (minor motion research, amended petitions, etc).
  • 100% Money Back Guarantee if our petitions are not approved.

Complete Adult Name Change $59.95 (Marriage)

Get Started   

Common and Popular Questions: Marriage

  • I'm planning to be married soon. Do I have to take my husbands or wives name? No: this is not a requirement or a law. Nothing in the law requires you to change your name when getting married; it is your personal choice. When you get married, you are free to decide if you are going to keep your own name or take your husband's name; without a court-ordered decree. In most states your husband can adopt your name, instead, if that's what you both prefer. However, in general you'll need a court order if you and your husband both want to change to a different name that you share.
  • Can I change my first name or my middle name? No: The law does not permit you to change your first name or middle name through marriage. If you want to change your first, middle, or even last name to a different name: you must file an adult name change. With an adult name change you are able to change your entire name (see adult name change for more information).
  • Will my documents change if I do want to take my new spouse's name? Yes: your documents (social security, ID's, driver licenses, passports, etc) will be amended and changed to reflect the new maiden/surname.
  • Same-sex partners and marriage: If your states permits same-sex marriages; the process is almost the same and all of the above applies.
  • Neither the use of, nor the failure to use, this option of selecting a new surname during or after marriage; through the use of the Marriage License application or name change decree, affects your right to adopt a different surname through usage at some future date (you will still be able to go back to your previous maiden name or simply a new name (see adult name change intro).
  • Your Marriage Certificate or court decree will constitutes proof that the use of the new surname or the retention of the former name is lawful.
  • Can I completely change my first, middle, or even my original surname? Yes (see adult name change introduction for more information).
  •       Read More
Click Here For Information on Divorce

NameChangeInc.com has assisted thousands of adults with their adult name change petitions; let us conduct the legal name change work for you today. All orders are drafted professionally by attorneys and paralegals for your state.